Since 1988, Food For Thought has existed because of the energy of our dedicated volunteers and the financial support of our generous sponsors and donors.
More than 80 percent of our grassroots budget is donated, by individuals, companies and foundations, with almost no funding coming from governmental sources.
We have a small staff and maintain admirably low administrative costs. When you donate to us, you can have confidence that your money will be used for the purpose intended: helping to feed men, women, and children in Sonoma County who live with HIV and other serious illnesses.
We are a non-profit 501c(3) corporation. Our Federal Tax ID is 68-0181095.
Here are some ways you can help support Food For Thought financially:
- You can give money, either by mailing a check, or using our secure online donation system.
- You can give assets, such as property or stocks.
- You can plan now to remember us in your estate.
- You can make in-kind donations of goods such as office supplies, furniture, new or excellent quality household goods, merchandise for auctions, food and wine for events and fundraising projects, and many other things. (Just call and ask, or you can see our current wish list here.)
- You can give quality antique or collectible items to our store, FFT Antiques & Collectibles in Sebastopol.
- You can make FFT Antiques a shopping priority when you’re looking for gifts and items for your home.
- You can attend the events that support Food For Thought.
- And of course, you can give us food.
Many local businesses are using eScrip, a program in which up to 5% of your purchases get donated to the nonprofit of your choice. Taking a few minutes to sign up now will mean that Food For Thought will continue to receive donations as you shop – at no cost to you!
To get started, go to eScrip.com and start an account. You can enter your credit or debit card information into their secure system so that donations are made automatically when you shop at participating retailers, including Fircrest, Food 4 Less, Glen Ellen Market, and Sonoma Market.
And, it’s not just grocery stores that participate. By registering your credit or debit card, donations will also be made when you make purchases with companies such as American Airlines, Big O Tires, and Sierra Trading Post.
At a few local stores, such as Molsberry Market, Petaluma Market, and Oliver’s, you must also register for a community card at the store, and then you can tie it to your eScrip account online as well. Just ask for a form next time you’re in one of these stores. You’ll need to show the card each time you check out to make sure the money goes to the right place.
When you register, please make sure to select Food For Thought – Sonoma County AIDS Food Bank as your nonprofit of choice!
Another way to support Food For Thought while you shop is through Amazon Smile. By selecting us as your charity of choice, Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your Amazon purchases to Food For Thought. To register, visit smile.amazon.com, then sign in to your Amazon account. You will be able to choose a nonprofit (we’re listed as Food For Thought: Forestville, CA).
Then, as you shop on Amazon, each item will note whether it is eligible for Amazon Smile – and most items are!