Nutrition for Healing After Hospitalization
Any Sonoma County resident who is released from a hospital or care facility and is at risk of malnutrition is eligible for our Welcome Home food program free of charge.
This innovative service is designed to help people heal and avoid returning to the hospital. Our Registered Dietition creates a diet tailored to each client’s specific needs.
• Free service for the first three months after discharge
• Home delivery of groceries and quick meals
• Requires a referral from a doctor or medical provider
• Must start within one week of discharge
Food and nutrition items
• Protein (meat, tofu, or dairy)
• Fresh fruits and vegetables
• Canned foods
• Frozen foods
• Staples and condiments
• Supplemental nutrition
Anyone inquiring about this program for themselves or a loved one should immediately contact Nina Redman, Client Services Director, at 707-887-1647 x119 or NinaR@FFTfoodbank.org.